- HRINZ Special Interest Group on Organisation Development, Wellington, February 2009 "Complexity and OD."
- European Group for Organisational Studies (EGOS) conference, Amsterdam, July 2008 “Gossip, Power, Ambiguity and Ideology: Organisational Processes of Revealing and Concealing” (with Margaret Miller)
- HRINZ Special Interest Group on Change, Wellington, April 2008 "Complex Organisational Change"
- Academy of Management’s Management Consulting Division conference, Copenhagen, May 2007 “Inside the Client / Consultant Relationship: Consulting as Complex Processes of Relating”
- LIKE seminar, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, Oct 2006 “The Contribution of Small Group Sessions to Organisational Change and the Implications for Facilitators”
Stephen was also a reviewer for two articles in the International Journal of Learning and Change special edition – "Complexity, Leadership and Change Processes," forthcoming.